Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday long run!

Today's long run was....wait for it.....1k! Yes I did 1km in 40 minutes. It was a pleasant day. The usual conditions for DWR prevailed....humid air, very wet. There were only two others in the lane so it was not too bad. The only disconcerting thing was the guy in the mask and goggles sitting on the bottom of the pool.  He made me realise just how deep the pool was!

I know I definitely reek of chlorine! So I'm just going to go with it!

I had an excellent brunch after the run which I felt I earned. The cafe in St Kevins Arcade on K Rd was a pleasant venue, the company was delightful and the coffee and bagel went down well. It's the little things that make life bearable!


The wonderful thing about DWR is that it is not affected by the weather! It was lovely, sunny and 19 degrees this morning but now the dark clouds are rolling in. But it doesn't matter! I did have to park in the car parking building today since all the outside parks were full. I paid $5 for the privilege of walking further!

No comments: