Thursday, October 25, 2012

Happy one week anniversary

My bionic hip and I have been together just over one week and we're still happy. Though the hip is a little demanding. It insists I sleep on my back, don't bend over or kneel.

It's amazing how far I've come in a week. Last week getting in and out of bed was difficult. I hadn't even faced stairs and the thought of getting in a car was frightening. I can now easily get in and out of bed even if it is neither graceful nor elegant. I go up and down stairs easily repeating" Good goes to heaven, bad goes to hell". I can stand without my crutches longer and extend my leg further back and sideways when doing my exercises. I've tackled the steepish path to the letterbox and only needed a brief nap. I can pretty much dress myself apart from the TEDs and it only takes twice as long. I even cooked a meal and an emergency batch of cookies last night.

So things are going well. The Brufen is upsetting my stomach but I found some leftover omeprazole so hopefully that's old news. I have cut back my paracetamol/codeine intake. I haven't had anything close to pain - it is truly strange!

Now I'm counting down the days until I get to remove my manky dressing. Then my Frankenstein leg will be complete.

Based on how brilliantly things have gone I don't intend delaying the left hip. Hopefully this time next year I'll be a double cyborg. W00t!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: