Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Too busy running!

I'm very proud to say I've been following my training program pretty much full on. Sometimes there's a bit of a shuffle around for Achilles training or an event but I'm trying to keep to it. I've now completed the 5k training program and the 10k program and this week is the start of the half marathon training program leading up to a return to Wellington for the half at the Wellington Marathon.



I was stoked with my 10k at the Cigna Half last month. I only walked on hills (or sloping flats) to keep my Heart rate in the right range and ran the vast majority of it finishing in 1:14:40.


It was a really good turnout by the various Achilles groups. We had a good time and it was a good team bonding time. Even Boston, Laura's guide dog, got to run so it really was the whole team.

This Saturday I'm heading off road to do the 6k at the Dual on Motutapu Island. Hopefully I'll survive. I'm having a few issues with my foot but it doesn't affect my running too much because I can't feel it once I'm moving. It'll be interesting to see how I go because I will be guideless so no one to cling to at the end. I'll have to make sure I have plenty of water and keep my heart rate as low as possible. I'm on a new drug, Gilenya, that has dropped my heart rate so I need to recalculate my limits a bit.

It'll be fun!





No comments: